Find what you're looking for...

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Charlotte Smith Lecture 08.03.11

http://www.darnellcollection.com/

So yesterday most/all of us were in the Thinking Fashion lecture and had the pleasure of hearing from Charlotte Smith (author of Dreaming of Dior and Dreaming of Chanel). I thought some of you might be interested in finding out more about her, but also about the designers and historical developments that she mentioned in the lecture, so here are some links and photos just for you! (i would also advise looking these people up on youtube, so you can watch interviews and fashion shows...)

(this site is all about the history and evolution of fashion, a great resource for thinking fashion)

Madeliene Vionnet, the designer who pioneered the bias cut:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeleine_Vionnet
http://www.vionnet.com/


Theirry Mugler, a highly influencial designer in the 80s/90s:
http://www.thierrymugler.com/int/en/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thierry_Mugler


Elsa Schiaparelli, a designer known for her innovations in swimwear & sportswear:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elsa_Schiaparelli
http://www.schiaparelli.com/


That was just a quick overview, so you will have to do your own further research if you really want to know more, especially since I probably missed a few names that Charlotte mentioned (my concentration is not always 100%!), but I just thought I'd share what I found interesting in the lecture...

Have a great wednesday ;-)
Anaheed (aka Ana) xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment